India has achieved great strides since gaining independence. From having no electricity or running water in certain areas to becoming a developed country today. The nation boasts some amazing achievements, and it only makes sense for them to celebrate their 75th independence day in style.
India declared its 75th Independence Day today (August 15). This year marks 75 years of Indian independence. In the celebration, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a series of projects to celebrate the special occasion.
Independence Day is celebrated throughout the whole nation to honor the great gift of freedom given to them by their forefathers. On this special occasion, every citizen comes together to celebrate the day and this event is named as Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav The event starts at dawn with a national flag hoisting ceremony followed by a series of cultural events across the country. Let's look into the key highlights of today's speech by Prime Minister Narender Modi.
Key Highlights of 2022 Independence Day Speech:-
1. The Prime Minister has emphasized the importance of digital technology in accelerating economic development. He praised the country’s digital transformation pointing that “Digital is our new superpower”. Adding to this he praised the efforts of Tier II and III cities, which he said were instrumental in making technological progress.
2. The Har Ghar Triranga unified the entire country in celebrating India’s 75th Independence day and reflected the true glory of India.
3. Self-reliance and Aatma Nirbhar Bharat was the thrust of today's speech. PM Modi said" “We must push ahead with aatmanirbhar Bharat which is a social agenda rather than just a scheme of the government,”.
4. The schemes of PLI are helping India to become the powerhouse of manufacturing. The Brahmos missile, Vande Bharat trains are already in high demand around the globe. He urged people to focus more on Make in India. He asked the private sector to play a vital role in making aatma nirbhar bharat a reality. Addition to this he said that space sectors, green jobs, and organic farming are the areas where India could progress and grow.
5. PM Modi touched upon women empowerment and urged people not to use curses that degrade women, a practice that is prevalent across culture and languages.
6. List of 5 pledges laid by PM for every citizen of India for developing India - first to aspire great things and to make india developed country, Second to remove servility, Third to take pride in India, Fourth to build togetherness and unity, and Fifth to fullfill our duties.
7. End of dynastic politics and corruption as it harms the nation's abilities to progress and breed corruption.